In Catriona’s basketry workshops you have the opportunity to explore your creativity through traditional basketry with a sculptural perspective. These fun days are the perfect way to learn a new skill with a focus on exploration and play not perfection.
For a complete list of basketry workshops please go to TheArtofWeaving.com.au
BASKETRY WORKSHOP – RANDOM WEAVE SCULPTURES
- Learn with a international teacher and expert Weaver
- A day workshop so you can leave with a completed basket or wall sculpture (this is not a technique you can learn in a morning)
- You’ll make a gorgeous basket or a wall sculpture even if you don’t think you can!
- Get your creative groove on!
Join this fun filled full day workshop and learn the random weave basketry technique using the wonderful Bangalow Palm inflorescence.
The workshop is all about exploration and play – not perfection. So it’s perfect for those who think they have no creativity or artistic ability (we are all creative!)- or want to explore that quality more.
Experience and explore sculptural basketry techniques and learn how to create something from found organic material just using your hands and imagination.
It’s a small class so you get hands-on tuition from expert weaver, Catriona Pollard. Materials included, but if you have access to Bangalow Palm inflorescence then bring it along. Once booked, I’ll give you preparation notes.
Suitable for beginners, or intermediate weavers.
If you’ve never done weaving before – perfect! You’ll love it and leave with finished basket or sculpture.
This course is for you if:
- You want to learn the ancient basketry technique of random weaving, but don’t know where to start.
- You don’t have any experience or want to further develop your weaving.
- You’re looking for a fun, relaxing creative outlet, and an enjoyable way to spend your downtime.
COVID safe practices in place. Limited students, 1.5 spacing for tables, and mask worn by teacher and optional (suggested) for students.
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL for all workshops as there is limited number of spots available.
Watch the ABC TV feature on my workshops: